Thursday, February 4, 2016

What I'm Watching on Gold (And You Should, Too)

The tide in gold seems to have shifted. And I have friends who have already hoisted the Jolly Roger and gone off chasing golden booty already. Apart from some small, longer-term positions, I have not set sail yet. That's because I prefer to trade on weekly closes. And I would like gold (spot) to close above its 200-day moving average.
(Updated chart)

That said, things have been improving for gold and silver for quite some time. And the U.S. dollar's plunge yesterday was the worst in 7 years. Certainly, that bodes well for gold.

Here are my recent stories on the topics of gold and silver. If you click through, you'll find some suggested picks.

February 3rd

Silver's Secret Countdown

January 27th

The Fear Trade Flourishes

January 16th

A Glimmer of Hope for 2016

Also, I give interviews to the fine folks at HoweStreet.com every other week. Here's the latest. I hesitate to link to it because there is always at least one flaming a-hole in the comments. But I've come to expect that.

It will be an interesting end to the week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment